American Naturopaths Association is developing connections to form State Chapters of the ANA. State Chapters are simply hubs of communication within each state, facilitating unity and communication for the national association itself-
of which we are members.
To Qualify to Organize a State Chapter:
1) An individual must be selected to preside over and lead the organization
2) A board of at least two - six individuals, one of which has credentialed standing within the field, must be formed
3) Prospective leaders of a State Chapter must generate a minimum of 6 members to the American Naturopath's Association, if they are working as an individual, and 12 members, if they are in any way associated with a School or other Professional Organization. After that time they will receive status to apply for State Chapter leadership through ANA.
4) State Chapter leaders are required to attend one annual charter meeting of ANA leadership, bringing with them ideas, results, suggestions, and other beneficial information to support the growth and strength of ANA.
5) State Chapters must make every effort to be inclusive of all other schools and teachers within the State, by disseminating announcements and information to such schools and teachers.
6) State Chapter leaders may elect to join with surrounding neighboring states to form Regional Chapters, which give strength to efforts, membership, education, and practice.
State Chapters may organize regional conferences using ANA resources, contacts, teachers, and national membership list.
State Chapter leaders are recognized as credible leaders within their communities and State of residence.
State Chapters, once organized to a specific level, may retain a % of monies received from membership dues to operate their Chapter, including all activities of their chapter.
State Chapter leaders receive publicity benefits through ANA efforts.
Make history! Be the first to establish an ANA chapter in your state. A little leadership, vision, and inspiration is all it takes. State Chapters help keep the communication flowing between the different regions of our nation, bring in the concerns, needs, and ideas of each region, and ultimately help your professional national organization grow for the good of all.
Members at the Practitioner or Organization/School level may contact us for an Application to Establish a State Chapter, if you wish to explore the establishment of a state chapter. American Naturoapths Association provides protocols and guidelines for established members. Beginning terms are one year, with each established State chapter then deciding it's own terms for their State Chapter board.
The first state chapter has been established in Michigan: www.michigannaturopathsassociation.net